Monday, October 21, 2013

Inspiration Post & Top Picks for #71

Morning sketchies,
First up our top picks for sketch challenge #71






Don't forget to grab the top picks badge from the side bar, and you have all got yourselves an extra draw into the monthly prize.

5 Rolls of twine from Whimsy Farm Twine


Here is some inspiration from our wonderful Design Team member Naomi.

Hi sketchies,
 It is Naomi here with a project showing how you can use the sketch for more than just a card or layout.  I have made a gift bag and matching card using the current sketch (#72).
#72
I used a C4 envelope to make the gift bag they are a great size for popping a small gift into.
To make the bag I simply cut the adhesive flap off the top and then scored 1 1/2" on three sides to form a gusset for the bag. I scored the top at 2" and fold over. I then adhered some card stock I had punched the edge of with a border punch over the flap to give it a decorative look. Next I punched a couple of holes through all the layers and thread some ribbon through and tied a bow to keep the bag closed.
I have made this set with a gift for a new baby in mind, the papers I used are from FabScraps and I teamed it up with Rose Red cardstock and ribbon. I gave everything a light sponge with Frayed Burlap distress ink to give it a vintage look. I have added a bow made from twine and a sweet little rose to the card.

I hope this has inspired you to get your envelopes out and make your own little gift bags and coordinating gift card.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving us some love! We enjoy reading your comments x